It’s actually more expensive to drive without Irving car insurance.
No one likes paying for something that they are being forced to purchase, and for most people Irving car insurance is the first thing that comes to mind when you bring up a topic like this. Many drivers see this as an inconvenience and as a part of their outgoing budget that is wasted money for what they are getting in return.
But, did you know that in most cases it is cheaper to get Irving car insurance than to be caught without it?
Initial Irving Car Insurance Cost vs. the Ticket Aftermath
Per insure.com, the average cost of car insurance for a driver in Texas is $1,620 a year. This works out to be about $135 a month.
Now, if you are caught without Irving car insurance you can expect to pay a $382 fine from the City of Irving. This fine is higher than getting caught speeding, driving without a driver’s license, running a red light, failure to wear your seatbelt, and most of the other traffic violation fines that the city can penalize you with.
For the State of Texas, the fines are even worse. You can expect the following if you have no car insurance:
- First offense: fine of $175 to $350
- Additional offenses: fine of $350 to $1,000, suspension of your driver’s license, and impoundment of your car
- Offense without a driver’s license: $2,000 maximum fine, 180 days in jail, or both
- Offense if you cause an accident with serious injuries or death: $4,000 maximum fine, one year in jail, or both.
(Source: Texas Department of Insurance)
The bad news for drivers that drive without car insurance is that the above are just the fines; that doesn’t include the increase in car insurance premiums that you are now going to have for avoiding having Irving car insurance in the first place. And you can sure bet that your new car insurance premiums are going to be a lot higher than that $1,620 annual average that everyone else pays.
Irving Car Insurance Coverage
Just in case you weren’t sure what the minimum Irving car insurance is to keep yourself from being fined, here you go:
- $30,000 in bodily injury liability coverage for each injured person
- $60,000 in bodily injury liability coverage total for multiple injured persons
- $25,000 for property damage liability coverage per accident
Your Irving car insurance agent will make sure that you have at least the minimums to keep you out of trouble, so you don’t have to worry about getting insurance and not having enough.
Trackback from your site.