Scottsdale car insurance isn’t the only safety game in town.
We all know that having Scottsdale car insurance is a safety net to protect us financially in case we ever get into a car accident. Yes, we are forced to purchase it if we want to drive, but it is still there to protect us nonetheless.
Another safety net for Scottsdale drivers that you may not know about is the ITS.
Playing Safe with Traffic
The ITS (Intelligent Transportation Systems) is who Scottsdale drivers have to thank for making traffic adjustments to ease congestion. They control the traffic signals, the traffic message signs, and communicate with the media to get public messages out about traffic situations.
They basically help to redirect or improve the flow of traffic if there is congestion from a traffic accident, a weather event, special event, or is just a heavy rush hour. By controlling and trying to keep traffic flowing, they are actually helping to decrease the traffic accidents that happen when traffic gets backed up.
From the scottsdaleaz.gov website, here are some of the other benefits that ITS provides for drivers:
- Reduce traffic incident delay – when collisions, spills or stalled vehicles occur, signal timing can be immediately adjusted to reduce the delay.
- Pro-active traffic management through work zones – reducing those frustrating construction zone delays.
- Roadway safety is enhanced by enabling immediate detection and reporting of incidents to Police Department, Emergency Services/Fire, other agencies, the media & public.
- Event Traffic Management – costs are dramatically reduced by centralized traffic management as opposed to many police officers at various locations.
- ITS enables Scottsdale to hold travel time on City streets steady, and where possible, even reduce travel time as traffic volume increases due to growth.
- Reduction or prevention of traffic congestion
- Environmental improvements
- Reduced fuel consumption
Playing Safe with Car Insurance
While you may not have the power to control traffic flow in Scottsdale, you do have the power to control the financial fallout that results from a car accident, by carrying car insurance. Well, you have the power to voluntarily control the financial fallout from the damages to your vehicle and your passengers, because the State of Arizona actually requires you to protect other drivers with the following care insurance coverages:
- $15,000 bodily-injury liability for one person
- $30,000 for two or more people
- $10,000 property-damage liability
For more information about what coverages you need to protect your vehicle and passengers, contact your Scottsdale car insurance agent.
Trackback from your site.