Car insurance laws in New York are different than in other states, and their SR22 insurance is no different.
Surprise, you don’t need SR22 insurance in the State of New York! In the past, New York SR22 insurance filing requirements were the same as all of the other states in the U.S., until changes were made in the last few years. Now, drivers no longer have to worry about satisfying SR22 insurance requirements in New York as being part of the aftermath of certain traffic citations.
Why Would You of Needed New York SR-22 Insurance?
In the past, SR22 insurance for New York drivers did not become a requirement until they got caught doing one of the following:
- Caused an accident and was not carrying the minimum required New York car insurance or any New York car insurance at all.
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Driving without a driver’s license
- Driving with an expired driver’s license
- Driving without the minimum required New York car insurance
- Repeatedly break the law
Additional New York Car Insurance Coverage
Even though you don’t need New York SR22 insurance any longer, you are still required to carry the following insurance coverages if you want to drive:
- Bodily Injury Liability: $25k/50k
- Property Damage Liability: $10k
- Fatality Liability: $50k/100k
The Cost of SR22 Insurance in New York
There is no cost associated with having to file an SR22 in New York as it is no longer required to be filed.
Trackback from your site.