Lower car insurance rates in the summer means more fun money for you.
Happy Memorial Day Weekend! Summer has officially begun in our hearts, even if the calendar says that it is still spring.
For many of us, summer means a lot more driving and enjoying our vehicles because the weather allows for safer and more enjoyable driving conditions. So why not enjoy your vehicle even more this summer by finding ways to pay less for your car insurance premiums.
Ways to Lower Car Insurance Rates
If you just keep renewing your car insurance policy over and over again, it is definitely time to review what you are actually paying for on your car insurance. So while you are enjoying your three day weekend, pull out your policy and take a good look at what coverages you have on your vehicle or vehicles.
Here are some questions you need to ask yourself while you are looking:
- Do you have vehicles that you are paying more in car insurance premiums than they are worth?
- Do you think that you are missing discounts that you feel should be there (multi-car, good student, multi-policy, good driver, etc.)?
- Has your car insurance steadily increased each renewal, but you haven’t had any accidents or tickets?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, write down your concerns and talk to your agent when their office opens again on Tuesday. If your agent can’t help to get your car insurance premium down, then it is definitely time to start looking for a new car insurance agent that can get you a better rate.
Keeping Premiums Level This Memorial Day
While you are trying to get your car insurance premium down for the summer, don’t go and do something silly this weekend that would cancel out all of your hard work in trying to get your premium down. Obey all traffic laws to avoid getting a ticket that will increase the number of points on your driving record and would result in a premium increase. Also, avoid causing a car accident that your car insurance company would end up having to pay for, that would also result in a car insurance premium increase.
Here are some Memorial Day tips to follow that will help you avoid starting the domino effect that ends in higher premiums:
- Avoid drinking and driving
- Take your time going to where you need to be, no speeding
- Wrap and secure food that is travelling to a bbq, so that it doesn’t spill or burn someone and distract the driver
- Remain calm when you discover a flying, stinging insect in the car. Pull over and then commence freaking out until they fly away
- Watch for children playing in the street while they are out of school for the holiday weekend
- When driving out of town, be extra vigilant on the streets that you are not familiar with
Don’t forget to have fun this weekend also, so once you have given your current insurance policy a good review, put it aside and tackle the changes that you need to make on Tuesday.
Trackback from your site.