Q: The directions you have provided to change State Farm Agents no longer work as of 4/23/17.
A: Thank you for advising. The directions that this reader is talking about can be found here.
This was written 6 years ago, so I have no doubt that the information may be out of date. However, steps one and two are still valid and work for changing agents with any company, not just with State Farm . Insurance agents are supposed to be on your side and go to battle for you whenever you things go wrong or when things need to be taken care of. Whenever you feel that your agent no longer has your back, it is always recommended that you find a new agent. Insurance is a big deal and you need to have an insurance advisor that you can trust. So, if you are ready to look for a new agent that will work out better for you:
- Talk to your friends and ask who their State Farm agent is and how they feel about them
- Look at online reviews of local State Farm agents
- Choose an agent to go visit and interview them. Seriously, interview them and see what kind of feeling you get from them.
- Advise the new State Farm agent that you choose that you want to move your State Farm policies to them.
- Let your new agent do their job and get your policy switched over to their office, all you have to do is sign the papers.
It’s time-consuming but simple. In the long run, you will be a lot happier also with your new State Farm agent.
Trackback from your site.